oktober 10, 2017

IGLO + INDI - at the The Nordic Cool Girl’s Guide to Reykjavik


by







The Nordic Cool Girl’s Guide to Reykjavik




Helga Ólafsdóttir, founder and creative director of children’s label Iglo & Indi, 42
This ultimate Icelandic mompreneur has taken her flair for artful design and all things hygge, applying it to the country’s most well-known childrenswear label.

Her spot: Skólavörðustígur Street, where Ólafsdottir has her flagship Iglo & Indi store. “When this cute house became available on my favorite street in Reykjavik, it was a dream come true. All my other favorite shops are here in this neighborhood and our place has a very homey vibe.”

Must-see: “I love being near Hallgrímskirkja church, which is such an architectural monument here in Reykjavik and super Scandinavian in design. It’s wonderful to see even in the winter when it’s dark. It’s a really special place and having a view of it from my shop is so wonderful.”

Café society: “My favorite place for coffee is Reykjavik Roasters, right around the corner from my store.”

Fish fix: “Seafood is my absolute favorite, and it’s so good here in Iceland. I recommend classic spots Þrir Frakkar, Messinn, and Jómfrúin.”

Icelandic inspo: “The colors of the sky and sea here—every day I look at it and it has a lot of influences on my style and my line, color-wise.”


----

for the original post, see Vogue online

Geen opmerkingen: